New SGA leaders elected

The official results from the 2024-25 Student Government Association election.
Jacquline+McCauslin+and+Andrew+Ambrose+elected+new+SGA+leaders.+
Berenice Carrasco
Jacquline McCauslin and Andrew Ambrose elected new SGA leaders.

SGA announced that after a close race, the 2024-25 SGA president will be Jacqueline McCauslin, a sophomore political science major, alongside Andrew Ambrose, a junior theater major and the next SGA vice president. The two promise transparency between SGA and students, a higher standard for student leaders, inclusivity, structural improvements to Student Government and the return of the SGA scholarship program.

“After the months of preparation we put into our campaign…we are very proud of what we have done,” McCauslin shared. “Leading a campaign team of nearly 30 people, we have had a lot of support from dear friends that we had the opportunity to do all of this with.”

“My reaction to finding out we won was utter joy,” Ambrose said. “Jacqueline and I have been working diligently to design a plan to help and serve Biola in the best way possible, and we now know that vision can be realized.”

Along with the new president and vice president, four new senators have been elected. Kaitlyn Stetzer, a psychology major, has been elected as the Hope Senator. Austin Rohm, an English major, will be the Hart Senator. Matthew Garcia, a Bible major, has been elected as the Blackstone Senator. Finally, Evan Thompson, a political science major, has been elected as the Senator for Sigma.

“Our mission is to lead Biola in grace and love. We want to steward the responsibilities we are given well, and we want the student body to know that everything we do is for them,” McCauslin said. “We are not working for Biola’s administration. We are serving the entirety of campus, especially the student body, by being advocates in collaboration with administrative professionals.”