Crime Log: March 21, 2013

Crime log for the week of March 21 included a false report of sexual penetration.

Anna Frost, Writer

Hit and run — Lot A

March 18, between 8:35 a.m. and 4:45 p.m.
An individual found their car damaged when they returned to it and reported the incident to Campus Safety. The case is still under investigation by Campus Safety.

Trespassing — Lot P (Bluff Housing)

March 18, 12:12 p.m.
An individual who didn’t belong on campus was walking through, but left at the request of a Campus Safety officer.

Vehicle Theft — Lot R

March 17, 2:21 p.m.
A suspicious person was reported to Campus Safety, but the person left before the report was made. On further investigation, Campus Safety found that a vehicle had been stolen and notified the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s department. Campus Safety is currently working with LASD to investigate the case.

Disturbing the peace — Bardwell Hall

March 16, 11:54 p.m.
Campus Safety received a complaint about loud music playing in Bardwell Hall after quiet hours. Officer made contact with those playing the music and it was turned down.

Disturbing the peace — school grounds, Gatehouse #1 (La Mirada Blvd)

March 15, 4:46 p.m.
An individual was standing off-campus at the La Mirada Blvd gate and shouting at students as they entered campus. Campus Safety called the sheriffs, who resolved the issues, since the person was off-campus.

Burglary — Rosecrans Apartment 3

Between March 12, 5:20 p.m. and March 13, 8:00 a.m.
The fencing of the bicycle cage was cut and three bicycles were stolen. The case was forwarded to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s department and is still under investigation.

Sexual penetration — Eagles Diamond

Feb. 27, around 1 a.m., reported March 13
A Campus Safety investigation found this was a false report.