Crime Log: May 9, 2013

Crime log for the week of May 9, 2013 includes multiple petty thefts and disturbing of the peace counts.

Anna Frost, Writer

Grand theft — Lot K, Alpha Hall

Reported on May 6; occurred between May 3 at 4:30 p.m. and May 6 at 8:05 a.m.

A part of a Bobcat vehicle was stolen out of the construction site in the parking lot behind Alpha. Campus Safety referred the theft to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department for further action.

Disturbing the peace — Welch Apartments

May 4, 1:26 a.m.

Students were having a barbeque on the patio, but they were already finishing up when the officer arrived to respond to the noise complaint.

Petty theft — Hope Hall

Reported on May 3; occurred between March 15 at 8 a.m. and March 18.

A bicycle locked to the Hope Hall bike rack was stolen and the theft was reported to LASD.

Disturbing the peace — South Campus

May 3, 1:07 a.m.

Campus Safety received a call from a local neighborhood to report loud music coming from the dormitories. However, the responding officer did not hear any music from any of the South Campus dorms upon arrival.

Hit and run, property damage — Lot A, Myers Auditorium

May 2 at 9:11 p.m.

A witness to a hit and run called Campus Safety and provided both the damaged vehicle’s and the offending vehicle’s license plate numbers. The victim declined to file a report with LASD at this time.

Petty theft — Pool Area

Reported on May 2; occurred between April 19 at 3:30 p.m. and April 22 at 10:20 a.m.

An unlocked bicycle was taken from the bike rack near the pool. The owner found it back at the same bike rack later in the day.

Disturbing the peace — Hope Hall

May 2, 12:31 a.m.

A group of students were playing basketball after hours but left when the Campus Safety officers told them that the courts were closed.

Disorderly conduct, under the influence — Rosecrans Apartment 1

May 1, 4:28 p.m.

A student was found to be under the influence at the apartments, and Campus Safety called LASD to the scene to handle the incident.

Hit and run: property damage — Lot B, Sutherland

Reported April 30; occurred prior to April 30 at 4:13 p.m.

An individual came back to their car and found damage. The incident is being investigated by Campus Safety, but the victim declined to file a report with LASD.