Hope Hall kicks off the semester with blockbuster bash

Biolans head to Hope Hall’s basketball court for the year’s first Biola Block Party.

Balloons+and+streamers+give+a+celebratory+air+to+the+block+party+on+Hope+Halls+basketball+court.++

Patricia Yang//CHIMES

Balloons and streamers give a celebratory air to the block party on Hope Hall’s basketball court.

Patricia Yang, Staff Writer

In the darkening evening and the cool fresh air, students of Biola gathered by Hope Hall to kick off the semester at the Biola Block Party. There were hotdogs and salad, chips and cookies for snacks and hot chocolate to warm spirits in the cool weather. The event was hosted in collaboration by the Commuter Life and Housing and Residence Life teams. Members of Biola’s Student Government Association (SGA) were also present, mingling with students and helping out with the event.

In addition to snacks, the party provided a variety of activities, one of which was a three-legged race. Upbeat music played in the background, which created an atmosphere of energy and cheer.

SPRING WELCOME WEEK

The party was one of several for Spring Welcome Week, which took place during the first week of the semester to help new and returning students adjust to being on campus. Other events in Spring Welcome Week were the Monday morning Spring Convocation with President Dr. Barry Corey and the Wednesday lunch for transfer students in the 2022-2023 academic year.

Even from a distance, students could still hear the music drifting up from the Biola Block Party down at Hope, where people participated in fun activities, ate food and waved glow sticks all around — an exciting and fun-filled close to the first Thursday of spring semester.