Biola kicks off Spring Welcome Week

The university welcomes new and incoming students for spring 2023.

Students+relax+next+to+the+Student+Union+Building+upon+starting+the+spring+semester.+

Emily Coffey//CHIMES

Students relax next to the Student Union Building upon starting the spring semester.

Dalet Valles, News Editor

The beginning of the new semester kicked off with the very first chapel of the year — Spring Convocation. New and continuing students, staff and faculty filled Sutherland Auditorium on Jan. 9 to kick off the day with worship and a message from Dr. Barry Corey, the university’s president. 

SPRING WELCOME WEEK

Despite the new semester being greeted with rain, the community still engaged in celebrating another spring semester. As this first week of instruction continues, students will have the opportunity to participate in multiple activities. 

The Spring Welcome Week event page stated, For the first week of classes, Biola has several activities for incoming and continuing students to enjoy and connect with the community.” 

Students will be able to find resources needed for the new semester in the library lobby, which will be filled with welcome tables. Transfer students are invited to a lunch on Jan. 11 as a way to build community with other transfer students. More food will be provided during the Commuter, Housing and Residence Life Block Party on Jan. 12. Throughout the whole week, commuter students are invited to check out the Collegium for free. 

School spirit will be amplified throughout this week. On Tuesday night, the Biola community can cheer on Biola’s women’s basketball game against Bethesda University. To keep the spirit going, on Friday the swim and dive team will compete against Arizona Christian University