Biola Family Weekend is around the corner

Students’ families and friends will join the Biola community for two days.

Family+and+friends+enjoy+college+life+alongside+Biolans+during+Family+Weekend.+

Courtesy of Unsplash

Family and friends enjoy college life alongside Biolans during Family Weekend.

Dalet Valles, News Editor

The Biola community will welcome friends and family to the 2022 Family Weekend, which begins on Oct. 28 and ends Oct. 29. Attendees should expect a full itinerary throughout Friday and Saturday. 

“​​[Parent Relations] hosts this event as an opportunity for the friends, family and supporters of Biola students to come to campus to reconnect and make memories together,” said the Director of Alumni and Family Engagement Stephanie Ramirez. “We strategically put it at the end of October as it is often right in the middle of the semester that students need that burst of encouragement to make it to Thanksgiving and finish the semester strong.”

The team planned multiple activities as a way for students and families to create memories. Ramirez explained Family Weekend is a time for students to rejuvenate through their connection with friends and family, who in turn experience college life with Biolans. 

WHAT TO EXPECT

Family Weekend will kick off in SPLASH! La Mirada Regional Aquatics Center with the men’s water polo team will play two matches — one against Ottawa at 9 a.m. and the other against Claremont at 2:30 p.m. 

There will also be an opportunity for attendees to experience Biola chapels during the Biola Hour where psychology professor Dr. Pete Hill is expected to be the keynote speaker. There will also be an opportunity for siblings of current Biola students to get a sneak peek into the community. 

Though many more events will be held throughout the day, it will end with the long-awaited talent show — Punk n’ Pie

On Saturday, families will connect with staff and faculty through donuts with the deans and a picnic with President Barry Corey. Families will engage in friendly competition with a kickball game, campus-wide scavenger hunt and cookie decorating class. The annual Prism Concert will conclude the 2022 Family Weekend. 

Parent Relations encouraged students to take advantage of the free events throughout the two days. Some events will require pre-registration and costs which are posted online or on Friday and Saturday through the Family Info Booth. The Parent Relations team welcomes all students this weekend — by themselves, with friends or with family.