Do not miss these fall student concerts

Here is how, when and where to see student performances this semester.

Emily Coffey, Arts and Entertainment Editor

Due to an uptick in COVID-19 cases earlier in the semester, many of the Conservatory’s concerts were canceled in accordance with new guidelines. Due to a much lower case count, Biola lifted restrictions, meaning that music and theatre students can return to performing again. Here is when and where to see students perform live. 

THIS WEEKEND

This week, students can attend a worship and commercial arts performance at the Fireplace Pavilion on Oct. 28 at 7 p.m. No tickets are required, as this is an open-air performance for the student body to enjoy. 

On Oct. 29, “Dear 2020: A Process” opens at 7:30 p.m. in Mayers Auditorium. The event shows all weekend long, with a 2:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. showing on Saturday, as well as a Sunday matinee showing at 2:30 p.m. Tickets range from $12 to $15 and can be found on the Biola events calendar.  

On Saturday, Oct. 26 at 7:30 p.m., the Conservatory will host PRISM in parking lot S. Showcasing every music major, PRISM includes a true sampling of the musical talent at Biola. Tickets range from $7 to $17 based on student or alumni status. Concert-goers can purchase tickets on the Biola events calendar

THE REST OF THE SEMESTER 

The commercial and worship arts majors will be performing every Thursday night until Dec. 2 at the Fireplace Pavilion. This is a great time to grab a warm drink and enjoy the talent of songwriters on campus. 

The Conservatory will host a variety of ensemble concerts throughout the semester in the Lansing Recital Hall. These concerts include the Composition competition concert on Nov. 3 at 7 p.m., the Choral ensembles concert on Nov. 7 at 4 p.m., the Chamber music recital on Nov. 10 at 7:30 p.m., the Jazz ensemble concert on Nov. 12 at 7:30 p.m. and Symphonic Winds the following night at 7:30 p.m.

The Biola Symphony Orchestra will perform on Nov. 20 at 7:30 p.m. and will be the final concert for the month of November. On Dec. 8, the percussion ensemble will perform at 7:30 p.m., also in the Recital hall. 

“Miss Bennett: Christmas at Pemberley” opens on Nov. 19 in Theatre 21. There will be evening and matinee showings during the opening weekend and the following week, Dec. 2-5. Fans of Pride and Prejudice will enjoy this performance—a sequel to the captivating novel.