BREAKING: Biola experiences its second COVID-19 outbreak

As Phase 3 students move onto campus, Biolans experience another outbreak within a month.

On March 3, the Biola Health Center informed students that there had been a second outbreak on campus. The news came following the beginning of Phase 3, with an estimated 230 new students moving in. 

79 CONFIRMED CASES SINCE AUGUST 

This happened only a month after the first outbreak on Jan. 29. Although the Los Angeles County Department of Health defines an outbreak as “a cluster of three or more cases that have an epidemiological link,” Biola currently sits with a total of 79 confirmed cases since Aug. 31.

L.A. County officials will be inspecting campus on Thursday, March 4 to review the situation. Students were also alerted about signs informing them of the outbreak and its location. No further details have been shared. 

About the Contributors
Maria Weyne
Maria Weyne, News Editor
Bethsabe Camacho
Bethsabe Camacho, Deputy News Editor
Bethsabe Camacho is a junior journalism major in love with documentaries, plants and theology. I grew up thirty minutes away from San Francisco in a city named San Pablo where everyone looked like me and had a similar story. Once I moved to the East Bay, my worldview expanded when I realized the world contained a melting pot of stories. For most of high school, I had planned to study criminal justice, later switching to theology and then out of the blue, I landed upon journalism. At first, I thought journalism would be an easy thing to do until I started understanding the depths of storytelling, interviewing, and fact-checking. Now, journalism has become an expression of my love for people by providing a voice to the voiceless. When I’m not planning my future, I enjoy reading books, watching all sorts of documentaries, and wrestling with theology questions. I’m also an incredibly family-oriented person and a loyalist to all my friends.