Citrus College lockdown lifted

One individual has been detained, and the lockdown at APU has also been lifted.

Courtesy of NBC Los Angeles

The campus of Citrus College in Glendora, pictured here, was put on lockdown on Jan. 15.

Austin Green, Managing Editor

Updated Jan. 15 at 5:45 p.m.

Citrus College, a community college in Glendora, California, was placed on a lockdown Tuesday that was lifted at about 6 p.m.

The school’s official Twitter account urged those on campus to stay indoors. Local authorities were searching the area after a phone threat to the campus was made, according to CBS Los Angeles. The commuter school sits roughly 17 miles north of Biola.

One individual was detained at Citrus College, according to the Glendora Police Twitter.

Citrus’s campus is adjacent to Azusa Pacific University. APU went on lockdown roughly one hour after Citrus did, telling those on its campus to “shelter-in-place.” Azusa Pacfic University announced on its Twitter at 4:01 p.m. that it was lifting its lockdown.

APU said in a statement that the Glendora Police Department was “actively investigating the threat of a shooting” towards Citrus. GPD officers are “methodically searching the [Citrus] campus” and no evacuations had been ordered, a police spokesperson told the Los Angeles Times.

A bomb squad from the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department was seen entering Citrus’s campus, according to video tweeted out from the Citrus College Clarion.

Christian Leonard contributed to this report.

Editor’s note: A tweet from the Chimes’ Twitter account claimed there were unconfirmed reports of an active shooter on the Citrus College campus. Those reports are false, according to multiple news agencies. We apologize for any confusion our tweet may have caused.