Crime Log — Nov. 27 – Dec. 4

This week’s crime log features a minor case of battery as well as vandalism and trespassing.

Christian Leonard, Editor-in-Chief

Vandalism — Bookstore Restrooms

Reported Nov. 27, 1:33 p.m., occurred prior to 1:33 p.m.

An officer reported writing in black marker in the restrooms near the bookstore. Campus Safety contacted Facilities Management and requested the area to be cleaned. Campus Safety is continuing the investigation, and suspects this incident may be related to the two similar cases in last week’s crime log.

Disturbing the Peace — Hope Hall

Reported Nov. 29, 10:17 p.m.

A student reported loud music coming from a room on another floor. Officers made contact with the room and asked the residents to turn down the music, which they did without further incident.

Trespassing — Alpha Hall

Reported Dec. 1, 7:48 p.m.

A student reported a non-student who had made contact with them and made them feel uncomfortable. Officers made contact with the non-student and asked them to leave, which they did without further incident.

Vandalism/Petty Theft — Rancho Campus

Reported Dec. 2, 3:17 a.m., occurred prior to 3:17 a.m.

While responding to a false fire alarm, an officer reported a vending machine had been pried open. Campus Safety is continuing the investigation and following up with the vending machine company to determine whether to file a report with the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department.

Vandalism — Hope Hall

Reported Dec. 2, 12:59 p.m.

A student reported an obscene drawing written in marker on one of the interior doors of Hope Hall. Campus Safety contacted Facilities Management to clean the area and is continuing the investigation. Campus Safety does not believe this incident is related to the writing in the bookstore restrooms.

Battery — Hope Hall

Reported Dec. 3, 12:23 p.m.

A student reported a fight between two other students that involved shoving and punching. Nearby students were able to break up the fight, and there were no injuries. Campus Safety referred the incident to and continues to work with Student Development. A report was not filed with the LASD.

Vandalism — Rosecrans Ave.

Reported Dec. 3, 10:10 p.m., occurred prior to 10:10 p.m.

A student reported their car had been keyed. A report was not filed with the LASD. The case is currently inactive, as a full report has not yet been completed.