Crime Log — Nov. 13 – Nov. 27

This week’s crime log features a possession of a firearm, as well as multiple trespassing and vandalism incidents.

Crime Log — Nov. 13 – Nov. 27

Christian Leonard, Editor-in-Chief

Trespassing — Tradewinds Apartments

Reported Nov. 19, 2:38 p.m.

A resident reported an individual digging through the trash cans behind the apartments. Officers made contact with the individual and asked them to leave the area. The individual left without further incident.

Trespassing — University Drive

Reported Nov. 20, 8:06 p.m.

A staff member reported three individuals on skateboards near Lot K. Officers made contact with the group, determined they were not students and had them leave campus. They left without further incident.

Possession of Loaded Firearm(s) on School Grounds/Trespassing — Gatehouse #1

Reported Nov. 20, 6:26 p.m., occurred 6:26 p.m.

A gate attendant reported an individual who was attempting to enter campus while carrying a firearm. Though the individual had a concealed carry license, California law prohibits non-law enforcement members from bringing guns to school grounds and he was not allowed to enter campus. Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department deputies temporarily detained the individual and gave him a trespassing warning. Campus Safety and the LASD are continuing the investigation.

Read the full story here

Trespassing — Alpha Hall

Reported Nov. 26, 11:10 a.m.

An employee reported an individual who appeared to be loitering around the area and looking into vehicles and at bicycle racks. The individual claimed they were looking for the horse trail near La Mirada Boulevard, but the employee said they saw the individual walking along the horse trail earlier. Officers made contact with the individual, gave them a trespassing warning and escorted them off campus.

Vandalism — Bookstore Restrooms

Reported Nov. 26, 2:07 p.m., occurred prior to Nov. 26, 2:07 p.m.

A facilities worker reported writing in black marker inside the restrooms near the bookstore. Facilities management later had the writing removed. Campus Safety is continuing the investigation.

Vandalism — Bardwell Hall

Reported Nov. 26, 2:26 p.m., occurred prior to Nov. 26, 2:26 p.m.

An officer reported writing in black marker inside the restrooms at Bardwell Hall. Facilities management later had the writing removed. Campus Safety is continuing the investigation. Since both vandalism incidents had a shared method and similar written messages, it is possible the crime was committed by the same person.

Christian Leonard, Editor-in-Chief

Christian Leonard is a junior journalism major whose affinity for chickens is really getting out of hand. He can often be found singing in the office, wrapped around a book, or arguing for the classification of cereal as a soup.

I came to Biola a nervous freshman, not really sure what I wanted to do during my time at university. Years of prayer and waiting seemed fruitless, until an academic counselor recommended I contact the Chimes, since I had shown a...