Take a day off from schoolwork at the LA County Fair

Recapture that wondrous summer bliss by attending the local fair this weekend.

Pierce Singgih, Arts & Entertainment Editor

Long summer nights, summer romances and spontaneous trips are all but over as pumpkin spice, colored leaves and midterms arrive with fall. As we transition further into high-stress work mode, any lingering feelings of carefree summer bliss should fizzle out, but there may be one last event to help these feelings persist a little while longer. The end-of-summer Los Angeles County Fair is the perfect event for any student who needs to escape the stresses of a front-loaded semester and recapture a glimpse of the summer.

The LA County Fair takes place at the fairplex in Pomona, running until the beginning of fall on Sept. 23. The fair boasts all sorts of events to bring you back to summer, including exciting concerts, ridiculous and delicious types of food and some traditional fair attractions. Here is a short list of events to attend and things to see at the fair for that perfect escape.

The Mother Road –– Explore the eight states of Historic Route 66. This is an interactive and educational journey of Route 66, taking you through the beauty of these historic states. This tour is free to attend.

RCS Rides –– The fair has 50 different rides to enjoy. From mild rides like a ferris wheel to extreme, high-speed coasters, the fair has different types of fun for all thrill seekers. RCS rides require you purchase a fun pass or ride wristband.

Auto Alley –– Any car enthusiast must see the auto alley. You can get up close and personal to rare, classic cars while listening to classic Route 66 music and seeing authentic décor, bringing you back in time. This event is free.

The Portal – Route 66 and Beyond –– Entering portals brings you to a whole new world. In a portal, you are immersed into someone else’s world using video communication. You can speak to them as if you are in the same room, when in fact, they are somewhere else around the world. This event is free.

End of Summer Concert Series –– As the summer comes to an end, the fair has some exciting and big names playing shows. Be sure to buy your tickets.

The Beach Boys – Sept. 20

WAR & Tower of Power – Sept. 21

Bad Company – Sept. 22

Dustin Lynch & Tyler Farr – Sept. 23

You can also check out these fair recommended itineraries:

You can find more information from the official fair website.