Dorm of the week: Horton Hall

Large and white, Horton Hall – with the appearance of a grand hospital – is located toward the center of Biola’s campus. Built in 2006, Horton is the newest dorm on Biola’s campus, with five floors and the ability to house more than 410 students. The preferred dorm for many Biola students, this co-ed dorm provides its residents with clean facilities and a memorable dorm experience.

unknown

Horton Third South was searched last week as part of an ongoing investigation into illegal drug use being conducted by Campus Safety and Student Development. KELSEY HENG / The Chimes

o Clean and pristine: Horton Hall is a new dorm, and its spotless facilities are enjoyed by residents. The large kitchen with long counters and spacious sink areas provide the adequate amenities for late-night cooking or baking. Also located in the Horton basement is the laundry room with multiple washers and dryers for resident use.

o Ideal location: One of the advantages of living in Horton is its close location to the center of campus. Located across from Emerson Hall, residents enjoy easy access to the music building, athletic facilities and cafeteria. The central location is also ideal for visiting Emerson, Alpha Chi and Sigma Chi.

o One place, many faces: Horton is a co-ed dorm with five floors; each floor holds about 60 people and the rooms are mostly triples. The floors are set up in an “L” shape, with lobbies on each wing. Residents have the opportunity to meet many students on their floors – rooms are mostly triples – or in their spacious lobbies because of the dorm’s sheer size and all halls.

o The “new kid” on the block: Because Horton is the newest dorm on campus, it has yet to establish “dorm traditions.” Sigma has its annual toga ceremony and the Alpha girls host “Candyland,” but Horton has yet try out some rituals that that help to unify the dorm community.

For more information on Horton Hall, visit its dorm page at http://www.biola.edu/undergrad/campus/housing/horton/facts.cfm.