Biola’s Family Engagement department hosts Grandparents Day

Students and grandparents enjoy a variety of activities together.

Business+administration+major+David+Livingston+welcomes+his+grandparents+to+Biola.+

Haven Luper-Jasso//CHIMES

Business administration major David Livingston welcomes his grandparents to Biola.

Shelby LaPorte and Dalet Valles

On March 17, Biola’s Family Engagement department hosted its annual Grandparents Day, where families gathered on Biola’s campus to spend quality time with students. Attendees participated in a variety of indoor and outdoor activities. 

SPENDING TIME WITH FAMILY

Throughout the day, students and their grandparents took part in scheduled events together. Attendees checked in and enjoyed a continental breakfast, and after they had the chance to go to the Biola Hour chapel with speaker Tim Muehlhoff, professor of communication studies. Grandparents were also able to visit a selection of classes, including Life & Letters of Paul, The Rhetorical Act, History of Cinema, Virtue, Citizenship and Politics and Psychology of Marriage. Campus tours were also offered to allow the grandparents to become more familiar with Biola’s layout. 

Grandparents and students visited Flour Fountain to write personal cards at the Card Writing Station. Along with that, they were able to capture special moments in the photo booth or pass time with the lawn games provided by the university.

Grandparents were pitted against grandchildren in a game of trivia that tested the knowledge of both generations. A buffet lunch was served, accompanied by a performance from the Conservatory of Music and a few words from President Corey. 

“Grandparents Day is one of our favorite annual events for students and their families,” said Biola’s caption on an Instagram post. “We hope you all had a great time sharing Biola with your grandparents.”