Men’s tennis beats Fresno

The Eagles ended the afternoon 5-2.

Redshirt+senior+Alexei+Prokopchuk+leans+back+to+hit+the+ball.+

Courtesy of Biola Athletics

Redshirt senior Alexei Prokopchuk leans back to hit the ball.

Charlotte McKinley, Freelance Writer

Men’s tennis continued their win streak with a 5-2 victory over Fresno Pacific University on Feb. 13.

EAGLES LOSE DOUBLES

Preparing for a battle, the Eagles were eager to get to the courts. Senior duo Alexei Prokopchuk and Antonio Varona lost the first match of the game 4-6. Senior Sebastian Herrera and freshman Adrian Solorzano on court two lost their match with a score of 5-7, handing the Sunbirds the doubles point.  Juniors Callen Hein and Isaac Cordova won their match, 6-5, but it was not enough to take the doubles point.

VICTORY THROUGH SINGLES

In singles, the Eagles proved their dominance over the Sunbirds. Herrera finished his match first, scoring the first set 6-3 and the second 6-0. Prokopchuk finished second, scoring the first set 6-2 and the last set 6-4. Solorzano was on fire throughout his sets. He scored the first set 6-0, lost the second 4-6 and came out on top with a resounding 6-0. Redshirt junior Alex Sedeno won his first set 7-6 and his second set 6-3. Varona finished his match next, losing with sets of 5-7 and 3-6. Hein finished last, claiming victory through three sets scoring 6-4, 1-6 and 6-3.

Biola claimed victory, 5-2.

Men’s tennis (3-1) will face off against Concordia University Irvine at home on Feb. 18 at 11 a.m. Footage and stats from the game are located on the Biola Athletics website.