Concordia University Irvine narrowly defeats women’s tennis

The Eagles lost, 3-4.

Redshirt+junior+Colbyshae+Emery+connects+with+the+ball.+

Courtesy of Biola Athletics

Redshirt junior Colbyshae Emery connects with the ball.

Charlotte McKinley, Freelance Writer

Women’s tennis played against Concordia University Irvine on Feb. 18 and lost, 3-4.

ANOTHER DOUBLES LOSS

The Eagles started off strong but ended up losing the point to the Golden Eagles.

Juniors Lilly McNeill and Gaby Carvajal finished their match first, 6-3. After, sophomore Alexandria Mann and junior Amelia Kitts could not score on CUI, losing their match 0-6. Redshirt junior Colbeyshae Emery and junior Brooke Fager ended the tie with a loss, 5-7. 

ONE WIN, FOUR LOSSES

Looking to overcome the Golden Eagles, McNeill won her match with both sets scoring 6-2. The game started to look up after Emery won her match with sets scoring 6-4 and 6-3. Mann was unable to defeat her opponent, however, and lost losing her sets 2-6.

Kitts had the next loss with sets scored 4-6 and 5-7. With Fager winning her sets 6-2 and 7-6, the game was tied. It was up to Carvajal to determine who was the victor of the game. She went for three sets but could not defeat her opponent. She lost the first set 5-7, won the second 6-4 and was ultimately overcome in the third set 3-6.

The Eagles were narrowly defeated, 3-4.

Women’s tennis (1-2) will drive to Azusa, California to face off against Azusa Pacific University on Feb. 22 at 2:30 p.m. Footage and stats from the game are located on the Biola Athletics website.