Todd Pickett departs from Biola

Campus pastor leaves university after serving for nearly three decades.
Todd Pickett speaks on Christ for the fifth segment at Advent chapel on December 11, 2019.
Andres Ramirez // THE CHIMES (file)

In an email today, President Dr. Barry Corey announced the departure of Campus pastor and Dean of Spiritual Development Todd Pickett. He will be pastoring Holy Trinity Church in Costa Mesa, an Anglican church that was founded in 2009. Pickett has served the Biola community in a variety of roles for 27 years. 

“His departure is a significant loss to the Biola community as he has played an integral role in transforming the spiritual development programs on campus,” Corey said in the email. “Todd always has the right words to share, deep wisdom to impart and a profound way he prays with and for Biola.”

Pickett will address Biola for the last time at a Biola Hour chapel on April 21 and transition out of his role at the end of this semester. His departure comes on the heels of the loss of many staff and departments around the university.