Backstage access to “Into The Woods” musical

Biola Opera and Theatre’s elaborate production will have students reminiscing about their favorite childhood fairytales.

Fashion Castillo-Delgadillo//CHIMES

Biola Opera and Theatre welcome audiences to the weekend premiere of “Into The Woods.”

Fashion Castillo-Delgadillo, Arts and Entertainment Editor

As the sun sets across campus, students gather in Crowell Hall to prepare for the production of “Into the Woods” premiering at Biola on Jan. 26. The musical, presented by Biola Opera and Theatre, brings to life the storybook characters many have heard about growing up. With characters like Little Red Riding Hood, Cinderella, Jack from “Jack and the Beanstalk” and Rapunzel, “Into the Woods” immediately captures the audience’s attention. 

INTO THE WOODS

The talented cast and crew will work hard in the coming week as they finalize the final logistics of the show. To keep everything running smoothly and to improvise when necessary requires much skill and practice from the production team. The musical features beautiful set design and lighting, as well as costuming and makeup to bring every aspect of the show together. 

The show features an incredible storyline brought to life by a gifted cast and crew. The musical urges audiences to ask themselves what extent they would go to achieve their yearnings. Spectators can expect an evening full of fun that will have them singing the catchy tunes as they walk out the doors. 

“Into The Woods” is set to premiere this weekend on Jan. 26 and showings continue through Jan. 29. Be sure to grab tickets with friends before they sell out.