Conservatory students skillfully perform Chopin

Students within the Conservatory of Music’s piano department artfully performed pieces by Frédéric Chopin.
Music therapy major Iris Lu performs Chopins Nocturne in E Minor.
Music therapy major Iris Lu performs Chopin’s “Nocturne in E Minor.”
Emily Coffey//CHIMES

On Tuesday, Nov. 8, students in the piano department performed several works by Frédéric Chopin in the Lansing Recital Hall. With a total 27 different pieces, the department ensured variety in pieces and talent. 

AN EVENING OF CHOPIN

The evening began with Chopin’s Prelude in E Flat Minor, the first of many standout performances throughout the recital. After each performance, the incoming musician took a moment to compose themselves before playing their piece from memory. Family and friends proudly watched the performances — many drawing out their phones to record the presentation and politely putting them away at the end of the performance to applaud for the students. 

The Conservatory of Music continues to impress audiences with their impressive performances and each student’s presentation demonstrates expertise. The next event hosted in Lansing Recital Hall is the Biola Jazz Ensemble’s Fall Concert on Nov. 12 at 7:30 p.m.