Women’s volleyball utterly defeated by Chaminade

Eagles fall to the Swords 0-3.

Senior+middle+blocker+Abigail+Copeland+leaps+in+the+air+to+spike+the+ball.+

Haylie Irving//CHIMES (file)

Senior middle blocker Abigail Copeland leaps in the air to spike the ball.

Charlotte McKinley, Freelance Writer

Failing to win even one set, women’s volleyball lost to Chaminade University 0-3 in Hawaii on Oct. 26.

SCORES

By the end of the game, the Eagles totaled 27 kills, 2 aces, 5 blocks and 39 digs. Sophomore right side Anna Aubele led offense with seven kills followed by senior outside hitter Madison Beebee with five kills. Redshirt senior setter Abby Brewster had 17 assists while first-year defense specialist Bri Bellfi contributed to defense with two assists and 15 digs.

NOT A CHANCE

On their home court, Chaminade came out just as strong as they did when they defeated Biola in La Mirada, California. The Swords quickly racked up seven points before the Eagles could score. Aubele led off with the first kill for Biola, but Chaminade quickly retaliated, gaining two more points before the next Biola kill. The Eagles were stuck playing keep-up with the Swords, ultimately losing the first set 13-25.

The second set was immediately hopeful for Biola as redshirt freshman middle blocker Gracie Guy landed the first kill. However, the Swords were quick to score five consecutive kills. The Swords were quick to score five consecutive kills throughout the set, forcing the Eagles behind. Chaminade swept the score away 14-25. Things looked up in the third set, but Biola was unable to defeat Chaminade. The Eagles ended the third set 18-25.

The Eagles lost to the Swords 0-3.

Women’s volleyball (13-9) will face off against Hawaii Pacific University in Honolulu, Hawaii on Oct. 27 at 10 p.m. Footage and stats from the game are located on the Biola Athletics website.