Women’s volleyball loses to Chaminade

The Swords defeat the Eagles 1-3 in an error-riddled game.

Courtesy of Biola Athletics

Sophomore right side Anna Aubele jumps to spike the ball.

Charlotte McKinley, Staff Writer

Unable to keep their at-home win streak, women’s volleyball lost to Chaminade University 1-3 at home on Sept. 26.

SCORES

By the end of the game, the Eagles totaled 47 kills, 2 aces, 2 blocks and 50 digs. Sophomore right side Anna Aubele continues to lead offense with 15 kills followed by senior outside hitter Madison Beebee with 10 kills. Redshirt senior setter Abby Brewster had 38 assists and 10 digs. Freshman defense specialist Bri Bellfi contributed to defense with 13 digs.

OUSTED IN THE FOURTH

Chaminade came out strong in the first set, quickly showing Biola that they were in for a long night. After the first serve of the night handed out by redshirt junior outside hitter Dominique Kirton ended in a kill for Chaminade, the opposing university went on to score the next two points of the game. The Eagles were stuck playing keep-up with the Swords, ultimately losing the first set 19-25.

The second set was pitiful for Biola as the Eagles were unable to muster enough kills to make double-digits. Chaminade swept the score away 9-25. Things looked up in the third set as Biola capitalized on errors throughout the game. In a close set, the Eagles managed to pull ahead, ending the third set 26-24.

The fourth set started off promising as Aubele made a kill off Chaminade’s kill. Biola started to pull ahead of the Swords but quickly fell behind again. The Eagles soared ahead during the midpoint of the set but were ultimately unable to finish Chaminade off and lost 23-25.

The Eagles lost to the Swords 1-3.

Women’s volleyball (7-7) will face off against Hawaii Hilo University at home on Sept. 29 at 6 p.m. Footage and stats from the game are located on the Biola Athletics website.