Women’s tennis keeps perfect home record

The Eagles defeated the Golden Eagles 5-2.

On April 13, women’s tennis played their last home game against CSU Los Angeles and won, 5-2. 

SCORING DOUBLES

The Eagles came out victorious for the doubles’ point.

Juniors Colbeyshae Emery and Mary Brascia ended their match first with a win of 6-2. Junior Ines Diaz and sophomore Gaby Carvajal ended their match second, winning 6-4. Freshman Alexandria Mann and sophomore Brooke Fager’s match went unfinished.

VICTORIOUS YET AGAIN

Determined to keep their perfect at-home record, Biola pressed on to defeat CSULA. Emery was the first to finish her sets, each of them scoring a stunning 6-1. Diaz was next to finish, scoring her sets at 6-4 and 6-2. Carvajal was the first to fall, losing her sets 4-6 and 3-6.

Sophomore Lilly McNeill was the first to have her match go for three sets. She lost the first set 3-6 but ultimately came out on top with the last two sets scoring 6-4 and 6-1. Brascia ended next, her match also running for three sets. She won the first set 6-3, lost 4-6 and came back to win 7-6. Mann was the final match and final loss. Her three set match scored 3-6, 6-4 and 5-10.

The Eagles beat the Golden Eagles 5-2.

Women’s tennis (20-3) will face off against Fresno Pacific University in Fresno, California on April 15 at 2 p.m. Footage and stats from the game are located on the Biola Athletics website.