Women’s tennis beats Hawaii Pacific and Hawaii Hilo

The Eagles defeated the Sharks 5-2 and the Vulcans 4-3.

On March 13, women’s tennis played against Hawaii Pacific University at home and won, 5-2. On Tuesday, the Eagles stayed home to defeat the University of Hawaii at Hilo, 4-3.

TOPPLING HPU

Starting off the day, Biola was defeated by HPU in doubles. Sophomore Brooke Fager and freshman Alexandria Mann fell to HPU 4-6. Sophomore Gaby Carvajal and junior Ines Diaz won their match against the Sharks, 6-4. Junior Colbeyshae Emery and junior Mary Brascia were the last to lose to HPU, 5-7.

Despite losing doubles, the Eagles defeated the Sharks in singles. Sophomore Lilly McNeill defeated her opponent 6-4 and 6-2. Diaz finished second, beating her opponent 6-3 and 6-1. Finishing third, Mann crushed her opponent 6-4 and 6-3. 

Bringing another win to the Eagles, Fager beat her opponent 7-5 and 6-4. Brascia beat HPU 6-4 in her first match, but ultimately fell in her final two matches, scoring 1-6 and 4-6. Emery’s matches went the longest, losing her first match, 0-6, but coming back to beat HPU 6-4 and 7-6.

Biola ended the day beating HPU 5-2.

DEFEATING THE VULCANS

Biola came out strong, beating the Vulcans in doubles. Emery and Brascia took their match 6-0. In similar fashion, Diaz and Carvajal beat their opponent 6-1. Fager and Mann won their first match 4-3 but ultimately their game went unfinished.

In singles, Emery beat her opponent 6-3 and 6-0, ending the first singles game of the day. Brascia finished second, beating her opponent 7-5 and 6-3. Scoring well, Mann finished her opponent with 6-2 the first match and 6-3 the second. McNeill was the first to go for three matches, winning her first match 7-6, but losing 2-6 and 5-10 in subsequent matches. Diaz lost both her matches 6-4. Fager finished her game last, losing to Hawaii Hilo 5-7 and 2-6.

Biola defeated the Vulcans 4-3.

Women’s tennis (15-1) will stay home to face off against Texas A&M University on March 18 at 12 p.m. Footage and stats from the game are located on the Biola Athletics website.