Baseball unable to overcome CSULA for a second time

The Eagles add to their losses this season, 10-2.

On Feb. 18, baseball played against the Cal State Los Angeles Golden Eagles at home for game two of four. Biola took an early one-point lead in the third inning but CSULA left Biola in the dust the rest of the game as Cal State LA added to the board and eventually won, 10-2. 

EARLY LEAD

The start of the game was quiet as both teams remained scoreless through the first and second inning. CSULA managed to score at the top of the third inning which the Eagles quickly responded to as senior infielder Oscar Serratos Jr. hit a home run, bringing in himself and junior outfielder Tyler Baca to score two points for the Eagles. This put Biola at a one-run advantage to end the third.

The Eagles remained in the lead for the next two innings until CSULA scored two runs from a single to the right field line at the top of the sixth inning, putting Biola at a disadvantage. 

NOT ENOUGH

CSULA continued to add to the board as they scored one run at the top of the seventh inning and left the Eagles in the dust as they made five runs in the eighth inning. They added one more run in the ninth inning and ultimately slaughtered Biola, 10-2.

Baseball (1-4) will face CSULA again for a doubleheader Saturday at the Eagles Diamond at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Stats from today’s game are located on the Biola Athletics website