Men’s basketball defeated Concordia University Irvine in late comeback.

The Eagles get their eighth win in a row behind Rossow’s 31 points.

Zachary Devane, Freelance Writer

Men’s basketball made a late run against Concordia University Irvine for the second time this season to secure a 90-86 win. When these teams last met, Biola’s 20-8 run in the final 6:30 propelled them to a win. Tonight, Biola came back from down five points in the final 2:26.

Redshirt senior guard Chris Rossow was stunning all night, scoring 31 points while also grabbing eight rebounds and having six assists. Redshirt junior guard Alex Wright scored 12 points and had eight rebounds, while redshirt freshman forward Maximo Milovich scored a season-high 15 points off the bench.

EVERYBODY LOVES CHRIS, AND A COMEBACK

The Eagles played well in the first half, shooting just under 50% from the floor while making 85% of the free throws. The Concordia Eagles had zero free-throw opportunities in this half, however, they still led at the halftime break, 36-41.

In the second half, Concordia increased their lead to nine points within the opening five minutes. However, a jumper from redshirt senior forward Michael Bagatoruain kickstarted a Biola run that would lead to a 62-60 with 9:34 left in the game.

Down the stretch, CUI’s junior guard Wayne Arnold would score 12 points in a row for his team, giving them a six-point advantage with 3:30 left. However, a 3-pointer by redshirt junior guard Whitten Dominquez with 1:03 left would tie the game, and a free-throw clinic from Rossow in the final minute would ultimately give Biola the 90-86 win.

Men’s basketball (19-4 overall, 13-3 conference) will next take the court at home against Point Loma University on Wednesday, Feb 12 at 7:30 p.m. Footage and stats from the game are located on the Biola Athletics website.