Volleyball wins last game of the season

The Eagles drown the Sea Lions, 3-2.

Natalie Willis, Editor in Chief

On Nov. 20, volleyball returned home to compete against the Point Loma Nazarene University Sea Lions for their final game of the season. The teams battled hard, each winning two sets before Biola pulled ahead to win the match overall, 3-2. 

By the end of the game, the Eagles totaled 61 kills, five aces, 16 blocks and 80 digs. Redshirt sophomore outside hitter Madison Beebe led offense with 15 kills and six blocks followed closely by redshirt sophomore middle blocker Abigail Copeland with 13 kills and eight blocks. Biola’s defense held their own with the help of graduate libero Sami Hover who contributed 20 digs to the match. 

WIN, LOSE, REPEAT

The first set started off as a back and forth between the teams until a six-point run allowed the Eagles to take and keep the advantage, 25-19. Unfortunately, the Eagles could not keep the momentum in the second match and fell to the Sea Lions in overtime, 27-25. 

A pattern soon emerged after Biola won the third set by four points, 25-21. The fourth set saw the Sea Lions winning in overtime once more, 28-26. The Eagles earned their victory in the final set of the match, shutting the Sea Lions down, 15-9. 

Volleyball (20-8 overall,16-4 PacWest) finished their season with a victory over Point Loma Nazarene University. Stats from today’s game are located on the Biola Athletics website.