Volleyball continues on a nine-game win streak

The Eagles defeat the Sunbirds, 3-1.

Natalie Hernandez, Sports Editor

Volleyball headed to Fresno, California to face off against the Fresno Pacific University Sunbirds. The Eagles dominated in the first two sets (25-20, 25-13), but lost their third set to FPU, 25-16. Biola redeemed themselves in the fourth set winning, 25-20 and added another win overall, 3-1.

The Eagles had a total of 57 kills, eight aces, three blocks, 51 assists and 89 digs for the match against FPU. Biola had a hitting percentage of .241% overall and a .457% in the second set.

Redshirt sophomore outside hitter Madison Beebe dominated the court, leading the team with 19 kills and one block for the Eagles during the match. Redshirt freshman outside hitter Dominique Kirton followed close behind with 12 kills, two aces and 20 digs.

THE BETTER BIRDS

The Sunbirds started off the first set with four back-to-back points and the Eagles quickly responded with a four-point run of their own to tie the set. The Eagles gained a lead, 11-8 leaving the Sunbirds to catch up. Biola gained another six points and FPU tied the score at 17 points. Biola pulled ahead and won the first set, 25-20. Biola also won set two 25-13 and lost set three 25-16.

FPU started the fourth set making two points, but Biola swiftly responded with three points of their own and the Sunbirds tied the game at three points. The set was back and forth until the Eagles pulled ahead, leaving the Sunbirds in the dust, 25-20.

Volleyball is currently No. 2 in the PacWest and sits 18-7 overall, 14-3 conference. Volleyball will compete against Academy of  Art University on Nov. 13 at 1 p.m. Footage from the match is available on the Biola Athletics website