Volleyball defeats Chaminade in all three sets

Biola increases its winning streak to three.

Stephanie Guevara, Freelance Writer

Biola defeated Chaminade University of Honolulu in a three-set sweep (25-20; 27-25; 25-13) on Monday, Oct. 25 at Chase Gymnasium, increasing their winning streak to three games. The Eagles battled with Chaminade throughout the game, but in the third set, Biola completely dominated, ending with a score of 25-13. 

Biola ended the night with 39 kills, 52 digs and nine blocks. Redshirt sophomore middle blocker Raegan Tjepkema finished the game with eight kills and seven blocks. Redshirt freshman middle blocker Dani Bryant and redshirt junior outside hitter Madison Beebe finished the game with eight kills and one block. Graduate setter Vanessa Garcia ended the night with a double-double of 30 assists, 10 digs and four blocks. 

COMING BACK TO DOMINATE

In the first two sets, there were moments where Biola was down by five points, but managed the advantage to win the set. Tjepkema’s performance in the second set was pivotal, as she had four kills in five swings and collected four blocks. However, the Eagles dominated in the third set from start to finish. Biola ended the game with hitting .227 with four aces. 

With this win, Biola knocked Chaminade out of the first place position tie in the PacWest Conference. 

Biola (8-3) will face Hawaii Pacific University on Oct. 27 in Chase Gymnasium at 7 p.m. Footage from the match is available on the Biola Athletics website.