Men’s soccer snubbed by PLNU

The Eagles were defeated by Point Loma Nazarene University in a one-score matchup.
Men’s soccer snubbed by PLNU

Men’s soccer traveled to San Diego on Wednesday evening to take on the Point Loma Nazarene University Sea Lions. What proved to be a low-scoring game found favor in PLNU, who snuck away with a one-score victory over the Eagles, 1-0.

HIGH INTENSITY

The first half showed competitive spirits, creating multiple chances for both teams to advance their offense. Biola found themselves one-on-one with a Sea Lion, but redshirt senior midfielder Theo Le Calve was unable to maneuver past the opponent to score.

SECOND HALF SLUMP

The remaining 45 minutes were in Point Loma’s control. The midfield game of the Sea Lions was too much for Biola to bear. The only score of the night came at the 61st minute, as PLNU broke through the Eagles’ defense. 

In a final attempt to tie the game, redshirt junior midfielder Jonathan Serrano sent a bullet that was promising, but in the end was blocked by Point Loma. The Sea Lions found themselves with the win over the Eagles, 1-0.

Men’s soccer (5-4 overall, 1-1 PacWest) will head north to Fresno Pacific University on Saturday evening to take on the Sunbirds at 7:30 p.m. Footage from today’s game can be found on the Biola Athletics website.