Women’s soccer snooze on Sea Lions

The Eagles found themselves stunned as Point Loma Nazarene University took a dominating 4-0 victory on Wednesday afternoon.

Andi Basista, News Editor

Women’s soccer ventured south to Point Loma Nazarene University on Wednesday afternoon to kick off the Eagles’ five-game road trip. Biola found themselves struggling in their second PacWest matchup of the season, falling to the undefeated Sea Lions, 4-0.

FIRST HALF SNOOZE

The Eagles and Sea Lions found themselves in a trance throughout the first 45 minutes of action, remaining scoreless on both ends. Redshirt freshman goalkeeper Anna Boyer was the saving grace for Biola’s defense, snatching three saves for the Eagles. However, the Eagles’ offense struggled as they were unable to get off a single shot or corner kick in the first half.

EAGLES’ SUBMISSION

After the break, the Eagles’ offense crafted one shot attempt, but were unable to capitalize on the efforts.

The momentum continued to sway toward the Sea Lions, as Point Loma scored three goals in a span of 10 minutes. With a healthy lead guiding them into the remaining minutes, the Sea Lions scored a final insurance goal to cap off the night, 4-0, over the Eagles.

Women’s soccer (3-5-1 overall, 1-1-0 PacWest) will head north to compete against Fresno Pacific University on Saturday evening to take on the Sunbirds at 5 p.m. Footage from today’s game can be found on the Biola Athletics website.