Men’s water polo add another loss to the season

The Eagles are overtaken by Cal Baptist, 16-8.

Natalie Hernandez, Sports Editor

On Thursday, the Eagles returned home to face off against the California Baptist University Lancers. The Eagles continued to show improvement in their defensive skills but fell short losing, 16-8. 

Despite the loss, the Eagles were able to add to the scoreboard each period. Sophomore attacker Kenny Wulf gained four goals out of seven attempts. Also putting points on the board for the Eagles were freshman center defender Will Tibbetts, junior center Matthew Vinson and freshman utility player John Grasso. 

FALLING BEHIND

Biola kept the Lancers at bay for the first quarter as the score was 3-1 with Wulf’s goal. Going into halftime the Eagles were only down by four as two back-to-back goals were made by Vinson and sophomore center defender Maxwell Osborn. The Eagles played strong defensively as freshman goalkeeper Mitchell Carpenter logged 13 saves against Cal Baptist. The effort was not enough as Biola was defeated, 16-8.

Men’s water polo (1-8) will compete in the Gary Troyer Tournament on Oct. 1-2 where they will face off against McKendree University, the Naval Academy, Ottawa University Arizona and Concordia University Irvine. Footage from today’s match can be located on the Biola Athletics website.