Water polo begins losing streak

The Eagles faced defeat against Fresno Pacific, 16-6.

Natalie Willis, Editor-in-Chief

On Saturday, the Eagles headed to Garden Grove, California to face off against the Fresno Pacific University Sunbirds. Biola’s newest team showed improvement in technical skills but fell short in offense losing, 16-6. 

Despite the loss, freshman goalkeeper Mitchell Carpenter managed two assists, one steal and added 12 saves to the stat sheet. Freshman center defender Nolan Rapp also made waves, scoring two goals for Biola. 

SLOW START

The Eagles’ eighth game ended in another loss, 16-6. The first half of the game was uneventful for the Eagles, as they only managed one point to the Sunbirds’ seven. FPU scored the first goal of the game over a minute into the first period and continued adding to the stat sheet with an additional four goals before freshman center defender Will Tibbetts scored Biola’s first goal.

SECOND HALF IMPROVEMENT 

After a halftime pep talk from Coach Rick Nordell, junior center Matthew Vinson scored three minutes into the third period which offset an additional four goals for Biola. Unfortunately, the Sunbirds regained their advantage ultimately winning the game, 16-6. 

Men’s water polo (1-7) will return home on Sept. 30 to face the California Baptist University Lancers. Footage from today’s match can be located on the Biola Athletics website.