Another loss for men’s water polo

The Eagles fall to the Tritons.

Freshman+utility+player+John+Grasso+%28right%29+and+the+Eagles+suffered+their+fifth+loss+of+the+season+tonight.+

Natalie Hernandez/The Chimes

Freshman utility player John Grasso (right) and the Eagles suffered their fifth loss of the season tonight.

Natalie Hernandez, Sports Editor

Men’s water polo had their second home game of the season as they faced the University of California, San Diego Tritons. On Wednesday afternoon Biola was victorious against Westcliff, but took a turn today as they suffered their fifth loss of the season against the Tritons, 25-4.

Freshman goalkeeper Mitchell Carpenter added seven saves during the match against UC San Diego, bringing his saves this season to 64. Freshman Nolan Rapp also contributed to the stat sheet by getting the only steal of the game.

STAYING POSITIVE

Despite another loss the Eagles succeeded in meeting the back of the net four times. Freshman center Luke Franklin made two goals for Biola. Sophomore attacker Kenny Wulf also added to the scoreboard by making two of his three attempted goals. However, the effort was not enough as the Eagles faced another defeat, 25-4.

Men’s water polo (1-5) will head to Santa Clara, California as they take on the Santa Clara University Broncos. Footage from today’s match is located on Biola Athletics’ website.