Women’s golf wrap up a successful season in Hawaii

The Eagles place third in the PacWest Women’s Golf Championships.

Natalie Hernandez, Deputy Sports Editor

Women’s golf season has finally come to an end after months of preparation, practicing, traveling and competing. The women headed to Waikoloa, Hawaii on April 19 for the PacWest Women’s Golf Championship. The Eagles played over the course of three days and ultimately placed third place out of seven schools, finishing with a score of 939.

Biola had three women place Top 20 overall at the end of the tournament. Freshman Brady Turnquist tied for fifth place, totaling a score of 224. Turnquist finished day one in sixth place with 74 points and day two moving up to fifth place by 147 points. 

Junior Sami Penor finished started off tied for 16th place and moved up on day two tied for 15th place. Penor eventually finished off the tournament in 11th place, with a total of 230 points. Senior Jules Loibl finished off the competition tied for 17th place, finishing with a score of 242. Loibl started off the tournament tied for 16th place with teammate Penor and moved up to 17th place on day two.

WOMEN’S GOLF AT WAIKOLOA

The Eagles competed among seven other schools and finished up round one with a score of 313. Biola placed third, six strokes behind Point Loma Nazarene University. Although in third place, the women held a three-stroke advantage over Holy Names University.

On day two Biola scored a 312 as a team, moving their overall score to 625 but still sitting in third place, two strokes behind Academy of Art University. The women stayed consistent on day three and stood their ground and placed third overall as a team, with a total score of 939.

The women wrapped up a successful season, finished off strong and can now rest in their offseason.