Baseball splits against APU

The Eagles move their overall record 4-12 with one win and one loss against Azusa Pacific University.
Baseball splits against APU

Baseball competed in their 15th and 16th game of the season on Friday, April 9 against the Azusa Pacific University Cougars. The Eagles were able to win the first game, 13-11 but unfortunately lost the second game, 0-14.

The leaders of the game Friday afternoon were juniors second baseman RobertAnthony Cruz, first baseman Jackson Collins and freshman outfielder Brenden Bell. Cruz, Collins and Bell each had three RBI’s and each of them hit a home run during the duration of game one.

A DISAPPOINTING DEFEAT

The first two innings were quiet from both teams neither able to score a run. The Eagles broke the silence when Cruz hit a home run and scored the first two runs of the game in the third inning. The Eagles continued making another run in the fourth inning, APU caught up in the sixth inning to make the score 3-4. In the seventh inning the men were on fire gaining six runs. 

The Eagles would go back and forth with the Cougars for the rest of the game, but APU was unable to catch up, as Biola won, 13-11. The men were unable to keep this momentum going into game two as they were defeated, 0-14.

Baseball will return home to go against APU again in a doubleheader Saturday, April 10 at 12 p.m. The livestream will be available on the Biola Athletics website. 

About the Contributor
Natalie Hernandez
Natalie Hernandez, Sports Editor
Natalie Hernandez is a junior journalism major who loves cooking with her boyfriend, enjoys photo adventures, and new experiences. [email protected] I was born and raised in California, but I have always moved around. Although I have always lived here I have never missed the opportunity to get out of LA. My father is an immigrant and my mother is first-generation Mexican. I am the first in my family to attend college and I am proud of that. School does not come easy to me and I am glad I have pushed myself. I went to college in Seattle, WA but moved back due to my mother getting sick. When I got back to LA, I hit the ground running. I enrolled in community college and started working. I didn't really know what I wanted to do. I took one photography class and I knew this is what I want to do. My love for journalism, photography, and sports started on the sidelines of my high school football field. Every single game junior-senior year you could find me on the sidelines taking photos or getting a quote from a coach. I have never been athletic but I enjoy watching and learning about all different sports. I love telling stories. This is just my first year at Biola as a transfer student and first semester at The Chimes but I can’t wait to see what the future holds.