Volleyball wins their second match in a row

Biola dominates Azusa Pacfic University, 3-0.

Natalie Hernandez, Deputy Sports Editor

Volleyball returned home to compete against the Azusa Pacific University Cougars on Wednesday night. The women were encouraged by last week’s match and showed no mercy to APU, ultimately winning 3-0.

The Eagles totaled 41 kills, 10 aces, 39 assists and 32 digs in Wednesday night’s game. Senior setter Vanessa Garcia was a leader in the game against APU, gaining a total of 10 points, six kills, four aces, and 16 assists. Following was sophomore middle blocker Raegan Tjepkema with eight points, six kills and three blocks.

KILLING THE COUGARS

The Eagles went back and forth the entire first set. Every time the Cougars would score, the Eagles would match the point. In the end the Eagles won 25-23. The second set started the same until Biola went on a four-point streak giving the Eagles a five-point lead.

After the streak Biola continued to score points leaving APU struggling to catch up, leaving the final score at 25-17. Going into the last set the Cougars made the first point, this started a back and forth. The Eagles went on a four-point streak,  annihilating APU the rest of the set giving the Eagles victory 25-17, overall 3-0.  

Volleyball moves to 2-2 and will head down South to go against Point Loma Nazarene University on Wednesday April 7 at 5 p.m. The livestream of the game will be available on the Biola Athletics website.