Track and field set new personal bests

The Eagles competed in the Battle for LA hosted by Azusa Pacific University on Saturday afternoon.

Two+members+of+Biolas+track+team+run+the+relay.+

Courtesy of Biola Athletics

Two members of Biola’s track team run the relay.

Andi Basista, Sports Editor

The men’s and women’s track and field teams ventured to Azusa, Calif. on Saturday afternoon to compete in the Battle for LA. Overall, the women finished second out of four teams while the men finished last out of three teams.

IMPROVING EAGLES

Freshman sprinter Chase Williams ran the 100-meter in 10.77 seconds, dashing his way to a personal best. Williams also tallied on another personal record time during the 200-meter dash in 22.31 seconds. Freshman hurdler Christian Lukens earned first place in the 400-meter hurdles with his personal best time of :57.49. Sophomore jumper Justin Conklin finished second in the 110-meter hurdles with a time of 15.50 and earned himself a new personal best time.

Graduate student and sprinter Carissa Kapakjanian led the way for the women, earning first place and a personal best in the 200-meter dash with a time of 25:28. Senior jumper Hannah Hubbard also finished in first place for the Eagles during the triple jump at a mark of 11.41. Sophomore thrower Gigi Fierro earned another personal best in the discus throw with a mark of 11.26, putting her in third place overall.

The Eagles will hit the track again on Saturday, March 27 at Westmont College. The time is still to be determined.