Women’s tennis continues their five-game winning streak

The Eagles defeated the Fresno Pacific University Sunbirds in a 5-2 victory on Monday afternoon.

Andi Basista, Sports Editor

Women’s tennis welcomed the Fresno Pacific University Sunbirds to the Biola Tennis Center on Monday afternoon. Biola captured yet another win today with a 5-2 score over the Sunbirds and increased their winning streak to five games and an overall 7-2 record.

WINNING STREAK CONTINUES

The Eagles were able to snag two of the three doubles matches in the meetup. Freshman Colbyshae Emery and sophomore Mary Brascia took the No. 1 doubles win with a score of 6-2. Following their win, freshmen Brooke Fager and Lilly McNeill secured another win with a 6-4 victory. It was freshmen Amelia Kitts and Gaby Carvajal who fell defeated in their doubles to the Sunbirds at 1-6.

The singles matches favored Biola yet again, as only Fager and Carvajal took losses, 6-0, 6-2. Emery finished the No. 1 singles with two set wins of 6-3 and 7-5. McNeill took her individual to three rounds, losing the second, 5-7, but winning the first, 6-3, and third, 6-1. Brascia took home the No. 5 singles with ease, winning 6-2, 6-1. Sophomore Ines Diaz rounded out the afternoon with the Eagles’ final win in a three-round meet, 6-1, 4-6, 6-3.

The Eagles (7-2) will host California Lutheran University at the Biola Tennis Center on Saturday, March 13 at 11 a.m.