Biola women’s swim team reign undefeated

The Eagles annihilate the Lions, 144-92 in the Pacific Collegiate Swim Conference.

Natalie Hernandez // THE CHIMES

Biola and LMU taking their marks.

Natalie Hernandez, Deputy Sports Editor

Biola’s women’s swim team returned home to Lansing Pool in La Mirada, Calif. on March 5 to go against D-1 Loyola Marymount University. This morning was a 10-event dual for the Pacific Collegiate Swim Conference. The women were able to dominate and secure another victory, 144-92. 

SUCCESSFUL STROKES

The women dominated and gained another victory for the season. The women remain undefeated and continue to stay consistent in their success. At the start of the morning sophomore Kolya Vos was at the top of the 200-yard freestyle, finishing with a time of 1:57.45 and scoring seven points. Vos proved to be the queen of the freestyle as she went on to place No. 1 in the 25-yard, 500-yard, 100-yard and 50-yard freestyle.

Freshman Grace Kling placed first in the 50-yard breaststroke, finishing at 32.06 seconds. Sophomore Anna Kaaksma also placed first in the 200-yard IM with a finishing time of 2:14.42. To wrap up the morning dual Vos, sophomore Meredyth Rubie, sophomore Liza Parahnevich and junior Kasidee Pascoe won the 200-yard relay finishing at 1:41.34, gaining 14 points to defeat the Lions, 144-92.

The Eagles’ women (6-0) will go up against Pepperdine University in Malibu, Calif. at the Raleigh Runnels Memorial Pool on Saturday March 12 at 11 a.m.