Biola tennis annihilates Cal Lutheran

Both the men and women secured victories over California Lutheran University.

Natalie Hernandez, Deputy Sports Editor

It was a successful Saturday for Biola’s tennis programs. The men pulled off a clean sweep of California Lutheran University, 8-0. The win against Cal Lutheran was a long time coming and the first win against the Kingsmen. The women’s team were close to pulling off a clean sweep against the Regals, 8-1.

SWEEPING SWINGS

The Eagles came out swinging and winning all their doubles. Freshman Isaac Cordova and sophomore Alex Seden earned Biola’s first point. Partners senior Erik Martinez and sophomore Antonio Rosales Varona secured the following victory by taking down their opponents 8-3. Sophomores Andres Meneses and Martinez went on in their single match ups and defeated their opponents. Every single and double match was won by the Eagles.

HARD HITTERS

Biola women’s tennis was close to pulling a clean sweep, but still defeated the Regals, 8-1. Biola swept the Regals, earning all three doubles points. They kept that spark going and used it as motivation to win five of six singles. Freshman Colbyshae Emery picked up the first victory. Following the win was freshman Gaby Carvajal, freshman Lilly McNeill, sophomore Mary Brascia and sophomore Ines Diaz who earned straight-set wins.

Biola women (3-2) play at the Academy of Art on March 1 in San Francisco, Calif. The time to be determined. The Biola men (2-2) play at home at the Biola Tennis Center against Hawaii-Hilo University on March 5 at 1 p.m.