Women’s golf competes in the Holy Names’ Bay Area Invitational

The Eagles take second place again this season.

Natalie Hernandez, Deputy Sports Editor

Women’s golf is back for their second tournament this season. The Eagles headed for the Holy Names Tournament hosted by Holy Names University at the Monarch Bay Golf Course on Feb. 22-23. Although there were six schools and four individuals competing in the tournament, the Eagles found themselves competing for first place with Point Loma Nazarene University once again. Biola placed second both days and ultimately finished second in the tournament overall.

PUTTING UP TO PAR

Regardless of Biola placing second in the tournament, the Eagles were the only team to have four finishers in the top 10. Biola finished the tournament 301-301-602 following close behind PLNU who finished at 298-296-594. Amid the tournament there were many individual and team accomplishments. For the second time in program history, the Eagles had five scores under 77. 

In addition to securing second place as a team, BU had three individuals finish top 5. Junior Sami Penor was the Eagles’ leading scorer as she finished the tournament shooting 149, finishing off in fourth place individually. Freshman Brady Turnquist was the leading scorer on day two shooting 74. Turnquist finished tied for fifth place with teammate freshman Mary Grace Davidson.

Women’s golf will return to the Bay Area on March 1-2 to compete in the CSU East Bay Tournament at Corcia Park Golf Course.