Women’s basketball loses in blowout PLNU victory

The Eagles fell to the Sea Lions, 75-91, after defeating Point Loma just yesterday in overtime.

Andi Basista, Sports Editor

Women’s basketball traveled to San Diego, Calif. Saturday afternoon looking to find back-to-back wins over Point Loma Nazarene University. However, the Sea Lions came out on fire and secured the 91-75 victory over Biola.

Sophomore guard Stephanie Lee led the Eagles once again with her stellar offense, totaling 15 points on the night. Redshirt sophomore guard Abigail Laberge and sophomore forward Madi Chang both tallied 13 points each to highlight Biola’s scoring stars. 

SEA LIONS SUCCESS

The first half was the deciding factor for PLNU. Biola was outscored 13-33 in the first minutes, which ultimately gave the Sea Lions the edge they needed to carry out the rest of the game. Point Loma collected 38 points in the paint as opposed to Biola’s 22. Given the brick wall founded by PLNU in the paint, the Eagles found themselves down 20 at the half. While Biola kept the last two quarters competitive, the game was already too far gone, and the Sea Lions waltzed away with the big win, 91-75.

The Eagles (3-8) will finish out their regular season next weekend in two back-to-back games versus Concordia University Irvine on Feb. 26 and 27 at 2 p.m. Livestreaming of the games can be found on the Biola Athletics page.