Crime Log — Feb. 22 – March 10

This crime log features multiple cases of petty theft, two cases of vandalism and an obscene threatening call.

Micah Kim, News Editor

Petty Theft — Lot N

Reported Feb. 26, 4:21 p.m., occurred between Feb. 24, 7 a.m. and Feb. 25, 5 p.m.

A student reported vehicle equipment taken off of her vehicle near Lot N. The case is active.

Petty Theft — Hope Hall

Reported March 3, 1:13 p.m., occurred sometime prior

A student reported parts of their bike had been stolen from the frame. The locked frame of the bike was left while the wheels, handlebar and seat were removed. The case is active and was forwarded to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.

Obscene threatening calls — Metzger Hall

Reported March 4, 8:40 a.m., occurred on March 4, 8:01 a.m.

A staffer reported a voicemail that was left on the university line. The content of the message was determined profane and threatening. This case is active.

Vandalism — Biola Avenue

Reported March 5, 12:57 p.m., occurred between March 4, 6:15 p.m. and March 5, 10 a.m.

A resident reported their locked vehicle’s smashed window. No items were taken out of the vehicle. This case is active. 

Petty Theft — Tropicana Apartments 

Reported March 5, 3:10 p.m., occurred between March 5, 11:30 a.m. and 3:10 p.m.

A resident reported their locked bike stolen from the bike rack. This case is active.

Fire (mechanical cause) — Student Services Building

Reported March 6, 11:51 a.m., occurred on March 3, 2 p.m.

An employee reported a bug zapper that caught on fire. The fire was put out without any incident. This case was cleared with no follow up necessary. 

Vandalism — De Alcala Drive

Reported on March 6, 3:42 p.m., occurred on March 6, 2:06 a.m.

A student reported their vehicle’s smashed window that was parked on De Alcala Drive. No items were taken from the vehicle. This case is active.

Petty Theft — Sigma Hall

Reported on March 9, 10:34 a.m., occurred on March 3, 4:36 a.m.

A student reported their locked bike stolen from Sigma Hall. The case is active and was forwarded to the LASD.

Petty Theft — Crowell Hall

Reported on March 9, 12:33 p.m., occurred between Jan. 20, 5 p.m. and Jan. 31, 11:59 p.m.

A student reported an item stolen from their bag that was left in the building. This case is active and was forwarded to the LASD.