Volleyball dominates Notre Dame de Namur

The Eagles shut out the Argonauts on the road, 3-0.

Andi Basista, Sports Editor

Biola volleyball expanded into their three-game winning streak on Friday night in Belmont, California where they faced Notre Dame de Namur University. It was a quick sweep for the Eagles, a three set match (25-15, 25-11, 25-16) was all it took to get the 3-0 victory.

It was a complete team effort from the Eagles. Throughout all three sets, Biola remained in control. The Eagles took their offense to the next level, nearly tripling the number of digs from the Argonauts, 49-18. The Eagles dominated in assists and digs as well, overruling Notre Dame de Namur 65-34 in digs and 47-16 in assists.

EAGLES ON FIRE

Junior middle blocker Bekah Roth carried her team with 14 kills and a .458 hitting percentage against NDNU. Freshman outside hitter Madison Beebe racked up nine kills while freshman middle blocker Abigail Copeland contributed with six kills of her own to the Eagles stellar offense. Freshman middle blocker Raegan Tjepkema led the team in blocks with four and secured two aces for Biola.

Junior libero Sami Hover captured 20 digs while freshman setter Abby Brewster earned 20 assists alongside three blocks. Senior outside hitter Becca Branch added 13 digs and junior setter Vanessa Garcia contributed with 10 assists.The Eagles (11-9 overall, 8-4 PacWest) will return to the court on Saturday, Oct. 26 at 10 a.m. to take on Dominican University in San Rafael, California.