Man threatened woman with knife at Rosebeach Apartments, LASD says

The Rosebeach Apartments are only five minutes from campus and are home to some Biola commuters.

This story was updated on Oct. 1, 12:11 a.m. with new information from LASD. 

On Monday at 6:42 p.m., the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department received a 911 call that a male suspect threatened to stab a woman at the Rosebeach Apartments in La Mirada. According to the LASD, by the time deputies arrived, the suspect was gone. They made an attempt to locate him in the surrounding areas, but could not find him. 

Neither the victim or suspect’s names have been released to the public. LASD initially reported that a man attempted to stab a woman with a knife at the Rosebeach Apartments, but after investigation, deputies determined the suspect did not attack the victim, but threatened to. It is unclear if the suspect brandished the knife or not, LASD said. Deputies have identified a suspect, but would not release his name. 

The Rosebeach Apartments are only five minutes away from campus at the intersection of Rosecrans Avenue and Beach Boulevard, right in front of Stereoscope Coffee and Polly’s Pies. The apartments are also home to some Biola commuters, but is not an official Biola-owned property.

Senior studio arts major Yukari Grace was at Trader Joes with her housemates when they heard about the incident. By the time they got home, deputies were wrapping up their investigation, but still had a heavy police presence in their apartment complex. While it was inconvenient for them, since they got home near the end of the incident, they never feared for their safety. 

“We just wanted to go home to our apartment, but there was a lot of commotion,” Grace said.