Crime Log ― April 9 – April 16

This week’s crime log features a series of petty thefts and noise complaints, followed by two drinking trespassers and a hit and run on a student’s vehicle.

Micah Kim, Staff Writer

Petty Theft — Production Center

Reported April 9, 2:56 p.m., occurred between April 5, 12 a.m. and April 8, 12 a.m.

A student reported their locked bike stolen from the bike racks outside of the Production Center. The lock was removed by detaching one of the wheels from the bike. The investigation remains active and will be reported to the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department.

Disturbing the Peace — Hope Hall

Reported April 10, 1:52 a.m.

A Hope Hall resident reported loud noises from the basketball court. Officers made contact with the noise makers and had them stop playing basketball for the night.

Petty Theft — Alpha Hall

Reported April 11, 10:24 a.m., occurred between March 19, 10 p.m. and March 21, 9 a.m.

A student reported theft of kitchen items from the Alpha common room. The investigation remains active and the theft was not forwarded to the LASD.

Petty Theft — Caf

Reported April 12, 10:04 p.m., occurred between April 12, 7 p.m. and April 12, 9 p.m.

A student reported their backpack stolen from the Caf. The investigation remains active and will be reported to the LASD.

Trespassing — Creek Tunnel

Reported April 14, 2:20 p.m.

Campus Safety reported two individuals trespassing by the La Mirada entrance through Creek Tunnel. The two individuals were drinking from a beer can and had assumed that they were walking into Creek Park. Officers made contact and told them to leave campus with a trespass warning.

Disturbing the Peace — Sigma Hall

Reported April 15, 11:40 p.m.

A Sigma Hall resident reported a noise complaint regarding a Sigma room. An officer made contact and had them quiet down.

Disturbing the Peace — Sigma Hall

Reported April 16, 1:49 a.m.

A different Sigma Hall resident reported a noise complaint regarding the same room. Officers made contact again and warned that they would be cited for further noise complaints.

Petty Theft — Library

Reported April 16, 9:44 a.m., occurred at 8 p.m.

A student reported their wallet missing from the library. Campus Safety later recovered the wallet with all property still intact. The investigation remains active and will not be reported to the LASD.

Hit and Run: Property Damage — Lot G

Reported April 16, 1:17 p.m., occurred prior to 2 p.m.

A student reported a scraped bumper on their vehicle parked in Lot G. The investigation remains active and will not be reported to the LASD.