Crime Log — Dec. 10 – Jan. 15

Over Christmas break, the Crime Log gathered several entries, including drug paraphernalia and burglary.

Christian Leonard, Editor-in-Chief

Drug Paraphernalia / Furnishing Alcoholic Beverage(s) to a Minor — Hope Hall / Horton Hall

Reported Dec. 10, 1:45 p.m., occurred prior to 1:45 p.m.

Campus Safety conducted a series of room searches, all related to the same incident, in Hope Hall and Horton Hall. All parties involved were students, and multiple individuals were referred to Student Development. Due to the sensitive nature of the cases, Campus Safety was unable to provide further information.

Hit and Run: Property Damage — La Mirada Apartments

Reported Dec. 11, 12:50 a.m., occurred Dec. 10, 8:05 a.m.

A resident reported that a garage door was not opening and appeared to have been struck by a vehicle. Campus Safety was able to identify the car that struck the door and referred the driver, who was a student, to Student Development and requested facilities management repair the garage door.

Disturbing the Peace — Horton Hall

Reported Dec. 11, 1:11 a.m.

A resident reported a group of students screaming and stomping in one of the hallways in Horton. Officers made contact with the group and had them stop.

Vandalism — Lot G

Reported Dec. 11, 4:03 p.m., occurred between Dec. 8, 12 p.m. and Dec. 11, 3:30 p.m.

A student reported writing and a handprint on their vehicle window in red paint. Campus Safety is continuing the investigation, but the student did not wish to file a report with the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department.

Disturbing the Peace — Library

Reported Dec. 11, 10:10 p.m.

A student reported loud noise on the floor above. An officer conducted a walk-through of the floor, but was unable to find the noise in question.

Hit and Run: Property Damage — Lot K

Reported Dec. 12, 1:35 p.m., occurred between Dec. 8, 5 p.m. and Dec. 9, 4 p.m.

A student returned to their vehicle and discovered their bumper had been clipped. Campus Safety is continuing the investigation alongside the LASD.

Trespassing — La Mirada Apartments

Reported Dec. 17, 11:41 p.m.

An officer observed a suspicious individual at the apartments. Officers determined the individual was not a student, had no reason being on the premises and was on probation. They gave the individual a formal trespass warning and escorted them from the apartments. It is not yet clear why the individual was determined to be suspicious.

Burglary — Rose Hall

Reported Dec. 21, 8:10 a.m., occurred between Dec. 20, 4 p.m. and Dec. 21, 8 a.m.

A staff member reported their computer and other items taken from his or her office. Campus Safety is continuing the investigation alongside the LASD.

Petty Theft — Hart Hall

Reported Dec. 21, 3:01 p.m., occurred between Nov. 15, 8 a.m. and Dec. 19, 11:17 a.m.

A student reported their locked bike stolen from the racks near Hart Hall. Campus Safety is continuing the investigation, but the student did not wish to file a report with the LASD.

Disturbing the Peace — Blackstone Hall

Reported Dec. 26, 11:50 p.m.

A resident of Blackstone Hall reported stomping in the dorm. Officers made contact with the source of the noise and had the person quiet down. They complied without further incident.

Trespassing — Lot M

Reported Dec. 30, 6:26 p.m.

Officers observed an individual in dark clothing looking into vehicles with a flashlight. Officers made contact with the individual and found he had been banned from campus on a prior occasion. Campus Safety contacted the LASD and escorted the individual off campus, though he was not arrested.

Petty Theft — Sigma Hall

Reported Jan. 1, 10:13 p.m., occurred between Dec. 31, 11 p.m. and Jan. 1, 10:15 p.m.

A student reported their cooking implement stolen from a cooking area in Sigma Hall. Campus Safety is continuing the investigation, but the student did not wish to file a report with the LASD.

Trespassing — Horton Way

Reported Jan. 10, 4:19 a.m.

Officers observed two individuals walking into campus, splitting up and walking around different buildings and vehicles with no apparent sense of direction. Officers recognized one of the individuals as having been previously banned from campus and gave them a verbal trespass warning. The individual left, but refused to comply with officers’ orders to stop. Officers were unable to make contact with the other individual.

Disorderly Conduct / Under the Influence — Biola Ave.

Reported Jan. 10, 11:08 p.m.

A gate attendant observed a person behaving oddly and laying down on the sidewalk. Officers checked on the non-student individual and found they were conscious but intoxicated. Campus Safety contacted the LASD and gave the individual a formal trespass warning.

Petty Theft — Hope Hall

Reported Jan. 12, 7:51 a.m., occurred 6:40 a.m.

A Campus Safety dispatcher observed surveillance camera footage of an individual throwing a bicycle over a short chain link fence in south campus. Personnel looked through the camera footage and noticed the individual had walked toward the Hope Hall bike racks, then later left with a bicycle. The bicycle was locked. Campus Safety is continuing the investigation alongside the LASD, and is attempting to identify the owner of the bicycle.

Vandalism / Petty Theft — Rancho Campus

Reported Jan. 14, 12:17 a.m., occurred prior to 12:17 a.m.

An officer noticed signs someone had broken into a vending machine on the Rancho campus. A bucket with discarded vending machine items was also found nearby. A report was not filed with the LASD, but Campus Safety is continuing the investigation.