Crime Log — Oct. 31 – Nov. 6

This week’s crime log features disturbing the peace and a bike theft in progress.

Christian Leonard, Editor-in-Chief

Editor’s Note: Campus Safety will be loaning bicycle U-locks to students free of charge. Check out the Chimes’ coverage of the bike thefts here.

Disturbing the Peace — Welch Apartments

Reported Oct. 31, 8:04 p.m.

A resident reported loud music coming from another room. Though the incident occurred before quiet hours had started, officers made contact with the other residents, who agreed to lower the volume.

Petty Theft — Hope Hall

Reported Nov. 1, 9:19 a.m., occurred between Oct. 24, 8 a.m. and Oct. 31, 8 a.m.

A student reported their locked bicycle stolen from the racks near Hope Hall. Campus Safety is investigating the case, but the student decided not to report it to the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department.

Disturbing the Peace — Blackstone Hall

Reported Nov. 1, 10:31 p.m.

A Sigma Hall resident reported loud music and talking in the Blackstone courtyard. Officers made contact with the group, which left the area soon after.

Petty Theft — Sigma Hall

Reported Nov. 3, 3:17 a.m., occurred 3:17 a.m.

An officer observed an individual attempting to cut the lock from a bicycle. The individual saw the officer and fled campus before they could complete the theft. Campus Safety contacted the LASD, but sheriffs did not immediately respond. Campus Safety was unable to find a cut lock and did not receive a related report about a stolen bike. The investigation remains active.