Crime Log — Sept. 25 – Oct. 2

Three bicycle thefts dominate this week’s Crime Log.

Christian Leonard, Editor-in-Chief

Minor in Possession of Tobacco/Paraphernalia — Alpha Hall

Reported Sept. 28, 11:10 p.m., occurred prior to 11:10 p.m.

Student Development reported a student for possession of tobacco in Alpha Hall. Campus Safety officers investigated the report and cleared it, though a citation was issued. Campus Safety has not provided any further information due to the nature of the case.

Petty Theft — Lot P

Reported Sept. 29, 5:15 p.m., occurred between Sept. 28, 8 p.m. and Sept. 29, 4 p.m.

A student reported their locked bicycle stolen from the bike rack across from Thompson Hall. Campus Safety is continuing the investigation with the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department.

On Oct. 2, Campus Safety sent an email to the Biola community notifying them of a spike in bike thefts, and advising them to keep their bicycles secured.

Trespassing — Hope Hall

Reported Sept. 30, 3:18 p.m.

A student reported an individual pacing and swinging their fists in the air by the basketball courts near Hope Hall. Officers made contact with the individual and asked them to leave, which they did without further incident.

Disturbing the Peace — Sigma Hall

Reported Sept. 30, 10:11 p.m.

A resident reported loud stomping from an upstairs hall. Officers investigated but were unable to find the source of the noise.

Petty Theft — SUB Mailboxes

Reported Oct. 1, 10:58 a.m., occurred Sept. 30 between 12 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.

A student reported their unlocked bicycle stolen from the bike rack next to the mailboxes. Campus Safety is continuing the investigation, but a report has not been filed with the LASD.

Petty Theft — Caf

Reported Oct 1, 2:01 p.m., occurred Sept. 26 between 5:30 p.m. and 10:15 p.m.

A student reported their locked bicycle stolen from the bike racks near the Caf. Campus Safety is continuing the investigation with the LASD.