SGA passes one proposal

SGA listens to three proposals.

Rebecca Mitchell, Managing Editor

In a short meeting, the Student Government Association heard two open proposals and one internal proposal. The fitness center also released a change to the dress code, now officially allowing students to wear tank tops.

PROPOSALS

Executive director and sophomore cinema and media arts major Sierra Stoltzfus returned and proposed for $5,486 for the Biolathon. The event will change to an eight-hour dance marathon instead of a 12-hour event, and they hope to have the event split in two portions of four hours with a break for students to get a meal. Biolathon will provide snacks alongside activities and games based around dancing. The event also acts as a fundraiser for the prevention and intervention organizations In the City and Homeboy Industries. As of now the event will be in the Production Center on April 7 or 14. Stoltzfus was able to re-propose because of oversight from the sociology department.

Off-campus and commuter senator Daisy Salazar proposed for $250 to host Pizza on the Patio. When the event was previously held the pizza ran out quickly, but they plan to buy Costco instead of Domino’s pizza. During the event, Salazar and off-campus and commuter senator Gianni Buonvicino will discuss open proposals with the off-campus community on March 13.

SGA president Gregory Ambrose proposed for a bylaw amendment to change the percentage of votes required for on and off campus senators to win an election. Ambrose wanted to change the language to say on-campus senators must receive 20 percent of the votes, and if they do not, a hiring process will ensue. The requirement for the off-campus and commuter senators is 10 percent.

VOTING

After a same day vote, Ambrose’s proposal passed with a vote of 11-0-0.